Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Dark Knight

I finally watched "The Dark Knight" today.

It. was. EPIC.

The trailers DID NOT do it justice. I didn't go watch it in theaters because the trailers seemed retarded. Although I've always been a fan of the comic, but Spiderman taught me that Hollywood had a knack for turning classics into roadkill. Therefore, I decided to skip the screenplay of TDK back in '08 -- I will probably regret that decision for the rest of my life.

I'm so amazed and blown away by it that I'm absolutely speechless. My heart is POUNDING. I so regret missing it on the big screen. I can only imagine the amazing sound effects and seeing the gigantic face of Heath Ledger painted new by insanity. I honestly did not expect the Joker out of him.
TDK in theaters would've probably been one of the best two hours of leg cram of my life. But instead I caught the best movie I've watched in all my sixteen years on a 22inch screen with a screaming mother as the background. Oh well, it was still amazing. I would absolutely watch it over, and over, and over, and over. I can't even gush on how amazing it was because, for once, I can't put together enough randomly strung together metaphors to describe how amazing the movie is! I think this is the first time in my life I've felt the urge to worship a moving picture (granted that nobody is holding me on my ancient fetish with Pokemon).

I can't breathe...

I mean throughout the whole two hours, my heart never stopped racing for a single second. It was worth EVERY SINGLE millisecond. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! I think my low blood pressure just leveled itself.

The only thing that bothered me was his voice when he's in costume. It makes him sound constantly constipated.

Either way. EVERYBODY was awesome. The Joker, oh my god. I'm sure after this role, the bastard died happy. I think Heath Ledger just jumped right next to Johnny Depp as the most talented actors on my list. It takes serious WOAH to pull off a role like that. [Though technically, the roll pulled him off.]

Now I have this weird adrenaline rush.

It only lasted two hours, but it felt like forever. I don't think there's ever been another movie so filled with mindless explosives, ruthless violence, twisted criminal psychology, and pure oh-my-god-ness as this movie. It was PERFECT. Even the soapy scenes were well-placed and dramatic. There were zero breathing room in it. whoo~ I think I need to chill.

New favorite movie. Right there.


No comments: