Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Little Piece of Sunshine

Nothing like fog, heavy overcast, chilling winds, and annoying neighbors to make me really miss home.
Rolled back in SF today. It is literally an immediate shift from sunshine to fog. I think every time I venture into the land of the sun and am forced to return to the fog, I die a little inside. Not very pleasant, I admit.

Anyway, just felt like making a short post. :) Nothing too amazing going on, really. I am now severely sleep-deprived (long story involving a crying baby. Well, that actually wasn't that long, was it?) and am sporting a ridiculous tan, but nothing I'm not already used to.

I find it both amusing and frightening that 80% of the girls I've seen in Tahoe look exactly like Britany Spears.
Gorgeous blond locks, yes. Pretty faces, yes. Too much mascara, yes. Generic, definitely.

Why do girls have to look like somebody or dress a certain style?


Maybe it isn't my place to say anything, maybe they're content with spending hours on their hair and makeup and trying their best to look natural and polished at the same time. But from experience, I know it's a pain in the ass to wake up an hour early just to put on mascara and curl my hair, only to have everything come undone by the end of the day. I do it on special occasions, but what of chicks who go through that routine daily? Who are they trying to please and what are they trying to prove?
I really don't understand.

And the boys all look so similar to each other I can no longer distinguish one cute white guy in hideous plaid shorts from another.

Although there were some highlights:

I was buying souvenirs this morning before I left. The gorgeous cashier and I had a nice conversation, and I got unnaturally excited when he asked if I wanted him to bubble wrap my purchase. (I mean, c'mon, who doesn't love popping bubble wrap?) Before I left, the gorgeous cashier said, "See you later!" instead of the norm "Have a nice day!" To which I didn't have the heart to respond, "Yeah, maybe in two years."

And, as usual, the hottest ones are too old. Like the bartender at the roadside outdoor bar.
Sucks how life works, doesn't it?

Speaking of older men...

Before I left for fun in the sun, I met up with my friend Jennifer so she can return the shorts she borrowed from a year ago. It was amazing, actually. The conversation shifted somewhere from pop music to Ryan Higa to something I cannot remember and to older men. To my absolute delight, Jen and I are both gerbils. And, she actually has a worse case of it than I do.

I mean, aside from the fact that I think the twenty-seven-year-old man she is (quote, end quote) "in love with" is slightly hideous, I admire her bravery. I mean, so what if we're only giggle about it like school girls, so what if she can't tell if she's misinterpreting friendliness for flirting? Maybe it's because the pool of eligible boys our age in San Francisco is frighteningly small, or maybe our standards are just too high. But, as Jen so nicely put it, she'd "rather be picky than easy."

Oh Jen, I never knew she was so full of wisdom. Speaking of which, check out the T-chart we made. ;) The messier cursive-y handwriting is mine, of course. I consider it personality.


Anyway, back to Tahoe. The beaches are pathetic. I know, I've grown up around oceans my entire life, and am used to vast expanses of sand and water, and I can't expect too much of a lake, blah, blah. But seriously. To have to share the water with boats? And with such a tiny area to swim in. It's absolutely ridiculous. I can't really say this trip was relaxing, or worth it, or memorable, or even fun.

But it was definitely something. And I'm just going to leave it at that, lest I ponder it too much and get pissed over time lost.

Speaking of beaches, there was a smokin' hot boy there. Like, six pack, toned arms, pecs, minus the V-line. And a pretty face. Except he was cuddling with his beach blond girlfriend who is just as Abercrombie model as he is.
Although I know I should be jealous, but at this point I just feel glad for couples who have found each other. It's so wonderful to see two people who look like they belong together. I mean, that's what life is about, isn't it? Finding a place to where you belong.

Yeah, I know I'm naive and a little insane. But this is just who I am right now. And this time next year, I'll be completely different.
There's no need to rush life; things will happen when they happen. :)


Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble

I've been contemplating a Vlog, video blog, camera-whore session, whatever you call it. Seems like fun, no?

No comments: