Friday, June 4, 2010

He-doodly-llo!

Doodly diddly.
So, I may want to kidnap Ned Flanders and carry around him in my pocket with me. All the time. :x


Ahem.

That aside, another procrastination post. SAT IIs are, regrettably, tomorrow. And of course I haven't studied, why would you even ask?

Yeah, I am royally screwed.

That aside (again. Wow, aren't I amazing at avoiding topics I bring up?), I spent four hours having a mini SAW marathon. I'll admit it. I love puppies, unicorns, rainbows, chick flicks, romance novels, soft-served ice cream, swallows (not that kind of swallow, Jesus Christ.),  and gay boys (cut me some slack. They're just so goddamn cute! I will pay you to find a straight man as perfect as a gay man, then shoot you so you can't steal him from me.) and I love SAW



Well, I should say "loved". The new SAW films are, although still enjoyable, epic failures compared to their amazing progenitor.
For some reason (okay, I do know the reason. It's for publicity) the trailers to all SAW movies are all extremely cheesy, gory, predictable, and seizure-inducing. They completely disregard the actual plot, drama, mystery, and whatever other crap that actually make the movies worth watching.

Unfortunately, the movies themselves have been getting significantly worse and worse, while the trailers... well. the trailers were a lost cause to begin with.
Back to the quality of the videos.

I have one word: UGH.

The adorable puppet used to give me chills, now it just makes me roll my eyes.
My heart would once race for the suspense of the next scene and I would run to my bed to hide under the covers, but now I only bring a towel to cover my face during the bad parts. (What? Just because I love horror films doesn't mean I don't squirm like a little girl at the really bad parts.)

Why. Why. Why. Why. Why?!?!?

Why does Hollywood do this? Why can't the universe, for once, allow a decent sequel that underscores the original instead of completely killing it's thunder? (Okay, probably the wrong expression.)

At this point, I don't even enjoy the ingenious devices of murder anymore. The plans aren't even that ingenious! They're... generic. Boring. Typical. And this film doesn't have me screaming at whichever dumbass detective on the screen to "listen to the mofo and play by the rules!" because every other character in the film is already doing just that, but the stupid protagonist never listens! :/

The third film was okay. I half-expected the ending, but thought the "I forgive you" part is a great touch. I'm a sucker for insane power-saw murderers. Heh.
The fourth film. God. I suspected Hoffman from the very beginning, and the entire film was extremely anticlimactic. (Even the fat rapist bit was completely CSI.) Actually, the entire film series is getting more and more CSI. (Not even the original, but CSI: Miami.) Just insert Horatio and his bad puns and you're good to go.
I can just imagine it:

Some poor chap gets an organ pulled out and left to die.
CAINE (throws on black sunglasses in a dramatic fashion): It seems like this puzzle is... incomplete.
YAAOOOOOOOOOO.


This is my new favorite song! Story of my freaking life. (But Bruno babe, it's "so fucking badly.")
I love his voice! He's no Gaspard Ulliel (That boy is fucking fine.), but he's working on it.
Travis, on the other hand, is a total cutie, except for the tattoos. And the nose ring. And the beard. Hm...

No comments: