Sunday, June 27, 2010

Concert Chic





I attended my first ever concert today!
Ahh! I know. :)

It was Alice's Summerthing 2010.
Amazing free outdoor concert, Gay Pride Week, Gay Pride Parade, and a sunny day after an entire week of fog. San Francisco, I fucking love you. :)
Actually, my feelings toward Señor Francisco are strongly ambivalent, but I'm a teenager. My purpose in life is to say things I don't mean and "liiiiiive like [I'm] dying." :)

And, really, Kris Allen and Jason Wade are cute. I never realized how huge of a stage flirt Wade is. He looks a hundred times cuter in person than in photographs, seriously. Okay, he's no Gaspard, but God, that smile! If he were ten years younger and unmarried...
... I would let him hold my hand. Really, what were you thinking?


Yeah, okay, shoot me. I'm a gerbil. (Don't know what a gerbil is? Jesus Christ, don't you watch Saturday Night Live? No? It's okay, I don't either. Go UrbanDictionary it or something.)

Actually, he probably wasn't that sexy ten years ago. Time tends to do wonders for men and Asian women, as is the opposite for everybody else.
Kris, on the other hand, wasn't as tantalizing as I thought he would be. But he is, without a doubt, a cutie. Especially when he tries to rock out on an acoustic guitar and looks like he's having the time of his freaking life. Ha. God, he's so adorable it's incredible. :)

I swear on the grave of my future great grandchildren, Kris Allen's bassist (or was it his guitarist? I couldn't quite tell. Anyway, he's the guy in the sunglasses on stage left and audience right) stared at me -- no, not my section or someone near me, me -- the entire time. So what if he had sunglasses? So what if I'm shorter than the two giant men in front of me? And so what if said men leaned into each other (and blocked my view) every other second and one of them shook his disgusting haircut methodically as if that would somehow fix the dirty blond disaster? He was looking at me, end of discussion. And Allen met my eye, of that I am sure.

However, I didn't love the concert as much as I had expected to. And thought I would've imagined to write this blog post using rampant polysyndeton to rant about something good.
I also thought my first concert would be fireworks and pounding heart and ceaseless screams and jumping up and down and having the time of my freaking life. Or meeting a cute stranger or making new friends or meet cute guys or get free shit or at least get the evil eye from that one crazy concert-goer who snaps at anyone who invades his or her camera view. Nope, all I got was this middle-aged heavyset man in a blue plaid shirt who, for a reason I'm almost too afraid to ponder, knew the lyrics to every Kris Allen song. Dude, I love Boys Like Girls and Ingrid Michaelson to pieces, but even I don't know every line to every song. Okay, I guess I do. Hmm.
Well, I that guy was pretty cool. Screamed like a chick though.

I am hideously sun burnt. Not even "Oh no, I'm no longer pale and Asian" or "Gosh, what a golden glow" tanned. It's legitimately "holy mother of fuck, what the hell happened to your skin?" kind of burn. Which was exactly my mother's reaction when I was changing after a shower. Not that I desire snow white skin craved by stereotypical Chinese or the pee-yellow complexion stereotyped by most Caucasians, but I would like to have skin that isn't three different shades.
I'm one day in the sun away from becoming a Pocky stick. (Oh God, please tell me you know what Pocky is!) Oh, and my eyes really hurt from staring into the sun for too long while attempting to stare at Jason Wade. I thought he looked at me, I really did, but maybe he was too busy staring at the glare of sunlight bouncing off my glasses lenses.

Oh well, all rude observations, bitching, and teenage blahness aside, it was pretty fun. Definitely will go again, but maybe next time I'll get there early so I can catch the opening bands. OneeskimO sounded great as I rushed past the food booths (dude, mad guitar skills) and I missed Thriving Ivory altogether. :/ Not too heartbroken, but still.

Well, see you next summer! :)

Look at what I found on Youtube! Terrible quality, but the first (and only) vid up.

No comments: