Saturday, March 6, 2010

Call the coast guard, Dumbledor's army, the amber lamps. I just updated my blog.

Not that anyone reads this, anyway.
Guess what?

NEW SHOES!

They make me very happy.
I went to Ross today in search of a new backpack, and stumbled upon these babies:


They're the perfect combinations of "i-don't-give-a-fuck" and mainstream hipster: grey Converse low-tops with too many holes and elastic shoelaces. Elastic laces! How cool is that? When I found them on the shelf, my jaw almost hit the floor. Then, I saw about four identical pairs laying around, and thus felt less unique. And yet, I couldn't help but buy them for the not-so-cheap bargain of $19.00. The shoes also come with complementary black shoelaces. What I love is that there are, like, a thousand holes for the laces. But I think it would be a gigantic pain in the ass to lace these shoes, and I'll probably never crank out the black alternatives.
These shoes are more exciting than your black low-top clones, almost as crazy as Punkrose high-tops, but plain enough to stay true blue. 

Either way, I'm happy. It's been a while since I've had an awesome fashion-find.
(And in case you haven't noticed, I finally have a camera!)
Okay, well, camera phone.
 Say hello to my (other) new baby, the Samsung Reclaim.
It's blue, it's innovative, it's eco-friendly;
And god damn it, it talks.

It's infinitely amusing (and slightly annoying) to have my phone say "Okay" in a pleasant female voice every time I press the middle button.
Oh, and if I abuse the number pad enough, I can make the lady say "Star! 1, 2, 3, POW POW POW POW POW."
And, just a treat for my very inner teenage boy:
"Six six six sex sex se-se-se-se-sex."
:)

On top of all that spectacularity (yes, I have just made up a new word), I also have text! (Well, it is a text-centric phone after all.) Although I haven't the slightest idea who I might text with, but the feeling of empowerment from the completely useless cellphone service delights me.
And my phone comes with a dainty little game where I attempt to prevent global warming with tiny pixelated characters. I'm almost saving the world. I promise.

And no, I didn't buy a new backpack. I suppose I'll either stick with my tattered, smelly, but amazingly durable frankenpack (yes, it's a play of Frankenstein). But hey, it's a side-sling. Side-slings are always fun. :]

Anyway, over and out. 
I will update tomorrow with restaurant reviews! I've been frequenting restaurants lately. Certainly new for me, and a pleasant change of lifestyle.
Stay tuned for my exciting Thai, Vietnamese, and I-have-no-idea-what-I'm-eating adventures! Oh, and a little bonus Italian fun.















Adorable song I stumbled upon on iTunes a few months back. It really makes me smile.

No comments: