Thursday, April 22, 2010

Deesaster

So, the universe is definitely against me.




I waited half an hour for a bus to the concert.
It went as follows:
arrive at 28 bus stop. HOLY FUCK it's coming in 17 minutes?
wait for seven minutes.
HOLY FUCK it's still in 17 minutes?!
bus to the 29stop.
9 minutes. Not bad, not amazing.

9 turned into 11 and 15. I finally got on the 29, sat next to a lady who smelled like dead fish, and pulled into Lincoln Way just to see the 28 zoom past.

Needless to say I was late, but thankfully it didn't make an impact on the performance.

Speaking of impacts:

the obnoxious sophomore next to me wasn't there. Sure, she sings belts out notes like a caveman and tips the balance of the choir, but at least she's on pitch most of the time. I also depend on her to remind me of the lyrics. Because, let's face it, my medium-term memory really is just an excuse for lack of memorization skills.

It went well, I suppose. I took it as my moment to shine. Although I forgot the lyrics to Masquerade and mouthed some of it. And I'm pretty sure I slouched. And didn't suck in my stomach. And brushed my hair aside too many times. And didn't straighten my legs. And had the expression of a deer caught in headlights.

Oh well. :)


JJ is such a cutie.

No comments: